WEEK TWO

This week a few new people joined the class! Some people were still having some issues with using their microphones and other technical difficulties. Fortunately we were able to help them and then John began the class.

The topic of discussion for this week was to compare and contrast the three blogs we reviewed and explored prior to the class. In my opinion out of the four blogs , Brainpickings, Illustration Friday , DolceMerda and Chris Brogan , I found Illustrationfriday.com and Dolcemerda to be the most interesting and audience engaging . This is probably because I’m a Viscom student and anything visual pulls me in . I understand why Chrisbrogan.com and Brainpickings.com are designed the way they are because of the purpose of the sites as well as the audience they are geared towards. Someof the examples of the blogs are below:









Our task for this week was to try and meet some new people in Second Life and experience what it is like to meet new people in the virtual world. I visited the Trick or Treat location from the editors picks. The place was quiet but resembled Halloween just like in the movies! I explored the place first as I could not see anyone around me but then I met a lady named Lizsteel . I was nervous at first to talk to someone without knowing who they really are but I said I should at least try it !  We started talking about how much the area reminded us of an american halloween from childhood films. Lizsteel and I went on to talk about where we were from and what our countries were like. She is currently living in Germany and is hoping to visit Ireland some day . I was beginning to get the hang of talking to someone that I had never met and to my surprise I actually found it quite interesting . Im glad I did give it a try because me personally I  would love to get out of my comfort zone and begin to meet new and interesting people to help me grow as an individual. 





Comments

Popular Posts